We have established the following guidelines to ensure a healthy and happy environment for your pets while they stay with us:
Vaccine Requirements For Dogs:
All dogs must be up to date on Canine Distemper, Bordetella, and Rabies vaccinations.
- Canine Distemper combination (DHPP) required every year in adult dogs
- Bordetella required every 6 months.
- Rabies required in all dogs 16 weeks and older.
- Leptospirosis recommended every year for at-risk dogs.
- Canine Influenza Virus (CIV, both strains)
Vaccine Requirements For Cats:
All Cats must be up to date on Feline Distemper and Rabies vaccinations.
- Feline Distemper combination (FVRCP) required every year in adult cats.
- Purevax Rabies required every year in cats. A 3-year Rabies vaccine is available and approved in cats, but is not recommended by this hospital.
- Feline Leukemia (FeLV) recommended every year for at-risk cats.
Proof of vaccinations must be present at the time of boarding; otherwise, AAH maintains the right to vaccinate any animal at the expense of their owner.
Helpful Information About Boarding Your Pet
We are happy to provide blankets and towels for your pets. Personal toys are allowed with the understanding that we are not responsible if they are lost. Any bedding from home should be kept to a minimum and clearly labeled with names.
Please remove and take with you all collars and leashes when you leave your pet for boarding.
All boarding animals must be free of fleas. If fleas are found to be present, medicine to kill the adult fleas will be given, and you will be charged accordingly.
Always inform the staff in writing of any special requests or dietary requirements that your pet may have. Please bring all medications that your pet needs during their stay. If your pet requires a special diet that is not present at AAH, please bring specific food with you.
If your pet requires medication while boarding, there is a minimal charge each day it is administered.